Friday, March 23, 2007

Milk outcher nose
This week, my favorite radio show, This American Life, makes the move to television. Which makes my snotty little public-radio-adorin' heart sad, because:

1. The great thing about TAL is that it is radio. That whole romantic pictures-in-your-mind thing.
2. of the implication, here, that the visual media are always a natural step up from radio, which before now, TAL has always stood out as a beacon against.
3. my little snobby cool kids' club is hitting the mainstream and will no longer be my snobby little cool kids' club.

Ah, well. A lot of people have been telling me it looks really good and I believe 'em.

But no matter how you feel, to mark this historic event, I implore you, if you are a fan of or even an occasional listener, accidental-or-on-purpose, to the show, to listen to this. This online comedy troupe, Kasper Hauser, has made a spot-on, hysterical parody of the show that's only about three minutes long. Oh, and there's also another short bit of TAL host, Ira Glass, telling a guy from the troupe how to effect the This American Life-announcer sound.
Funny, funny, funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home