Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Marshall just sent me this. Who knew this was actually a word? In the Pittsburgh Airport, there’s a big sign over the moving sidewalks that says, “Standees keep right. Walkers to the left,” and we made up this whole thing where it’s this entire culture of repression. When we arrived out west, the airports were free of such limiting labels.
Maybe you just had to be there.

Urgh. I'm sick. Like all-a-sudden-mega-sick. I drove home from my New Years in Atlanta last night and woke up this morning with a sore throat and that not-so-fresh feeling (no, not that one) and all day, it's just gotten worse and worse.

I worked like the dickens (Dickens?) on this current writing project, just knowing that by tonight I’d feel about like I do and be totally useless. I spent the day completely alone but enjoyed myself. Felt like I was preparing for a hurricane. Stocked up at the store (food and robitussin and oranges – my sister’s got me paranoid with her news that orange juice actually contains mostly sugar, not vitamin C. So I’ve been eating straight oranges all day) and library (movies!) earlier, and tonight I hurt all over. Bleah. You know, like, where your fricking *skin* hurts? Sore throat. Fever.
Hooray.

Just watched Laurel Canyon again. Love that movie. Yes, I do. Okay. Now it's off to bed. Though that entails moving. Which hurts. Also I can't seem to keep warm and the heating vents are in this section of teeny-tiny apt, not in that one.
Bleah. See ya, Henshaw. Hope you’re faring better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home