Monday, February 06, 2006

Mrs. Callendar’s Homestyle Yemsir Wot
I need to break this habit-of-late of drinking coffee till one or two in the afternoon. It’s not normal to feel this chipper at the end of the day. Anyhoo, I’m wondering if you’re noticing something I’m noticing. Palak Paneer, right? Uhh, no?

Well, here. Let’s try this again: Palak Paneer, right?
Right-o.
Okay, so this has long been my hands-down favorite dish at this Indian place in town here called Madras, made with really spicy greens and blocks of bland, white cheese. Suddenly, though, I swear it’s everywhere. Today I ran out to the grocery store to grab a quick, cheap lunch. I was thinking “frozen burrito” but was feeling, “palak paneer,” and then boom-! Right in front of me, in Aisle 8: My choice of not one, but two frozen brands of my favorite Indian entrée, right next to the freaking burritos. I went for the offensively-named but cheaper-than-the-other-brand “Ethnic Gourmet,” and came away with an entirely serviceable, though a bit overpriced-for-the-portion, lunch. Good gawd, I say! It’s like when I discovered there was pizza beyond my favorite childhood family joint, Ferrari’s. I mean; What’s next – grocery store sushi?? Oh. Wait. Um. Try again: Stoeffers Awazi Tibs. Anyway, just a thought.

Oh, and: Yay, Steelers. I can’t find my Terrible Towel anywhere, but I’m waving it…Right. In. Here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home