Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Happy Things
Nearly two weeks ago, it was Halloween, and we had a great time at a party. I also had the best costume I’ve had in years: Lady Justice, as censored by John Ashcroft. I stayed appropriately modest and used yellow caution tape to cover up the area that so offended Mr. Ashcroft. It was a freaking great costume. Then we all went swimming, because it’s Atlanta and it was 80-degrees on Halloween.

I’m wearing cute shoes that would be the most comfortable ever if they were one size larger. But they’re sure cute.

I had a major thrift-score over the weekend with some cute jobby clothes and some cute miscellany clothes. In fact, I had a really good weekend, period. Hunter and I went out to breakfast on Saturday and romped with Otis in the woods and then I went out to see I Heart Huckabees with a friend o’ mine. It was rillyrilly good. Did anyone else think Jude Law was almost too good? Yikes. Teeth that white give me the jim-jams.

And on Sunday night, I went to this awards ceremony for Hunter whose essay got accepted into a literary journal ‘cause he’s fancy - and on the way home, we sang that Lou Reed “Wake me, shake me, please don’t let me sleep too long,” song in a made-up antiphonal style because we’re musical geniuses, the both of us, when we’re speeding down ‘285.

And lastly, it was good to hang out with my soon-to-be roommates this weekend, getting real angry together and then laughing our asses off.