Tuesday, November 09, 2004

A Conflation of Life and Politics
Okay, so I’m back.

Back from being glum –and thus, depressing to you, my reader.

Back from wearing black every day.

Back from gazing down at my effortlessly butt-wagging, tongue-dangling, grass munching, tail-chasing dog - and up at the deep, deep blue November sky, wondering how on earth either of these things can be possible.


In other words, back from last Tuesday. I swear it.

My writing here will be easy like Sunday morning. As funny and witty and wry as the Me I was when I still slept. I promise you: No tedium. No hand-wringing.
I will make you laugh, dammit.


I still, however, may have some trouble whenever I hear that voice on the radio news at night. You know the one. Let’s clock whose hand gets to the volume-dial first.