Friday, September 03, 2004

Like a Trainwreck.

I just can't tear my eyes away from this. It's like he's been possessed by a freaking pod-person.

www.listentothisvoice.com

My boss at small publication says that yes, it’s a scary time but – with that spitfire gleam of a True Journalist - then says it’s also a great time to be in our line of work.

And true, I am fascinated by the magnitude of the glossing-over of sleaze, of vague blanket statements met with uncritical approval, of the degree to which I just want to shake people I hear on the radio saying They’ll vote for W. because why, they’d jut like to sit down and have a beer with the guy.

I don’t want to have a beer with my leaders. I want them to be smarter than me. But then again, that's the American Way: that old Andrew-Jackson-Log-cabin president Thing, that old fear of Smarts that’s acting up again.

If you’re looking for me, I’ll be sitting in the corner, rocking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home