Tuesday, March 16, 2004

House sitting for fun & profit

My boyfriend, Hunter, came by on Sunday afternoon and insisted we open up the expensive cheese and fine wafer-thin crackers, insisted on eating their frozen pizza--Not that I really resisted (although I secretly talleyed up what we'd opened so I could replace it before they return), but he tried hard to make a party: "Look--When you house-sit for the rich, you have to take advantage of it. That's the whole point."

He enjoyed watching the NCAA basketball playoff prediction-or-something-or-other talk show-thing on the cable as we ate our pizza, but later his stomach hurt, and he admitted to feeling uneasy in this house. He agreed when I said, "I feel like we're at Pottery Barn."




The clock chimes every quarter hour. The way it echoes through the house, I thought its chiming was the church down the road, my entire first day here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home